Saturday, November 15, 2014

Jalapeno Popper Dip

     Last night we had two of our best friends over for supper. We met Cliff and Jessica in the spring of 2013 and the four of us immediately became friends. They were the married the same day as us, and Jessica is now my go-to hair stylist! It was so relaxing to have friends over for the first time since Vaught's birth, and the four of us always have a great time together!

     In the final few days of pregnancy, I began craving jalapenos and have done so since Vaught was born. I scramble them with eggs, eat them in brown rice, and smother baked chicken with them. I'm a little bit obsessed with jalapenos right now! So I began pinning different jalapeno dips and recipes on Pinterest and decided to give jalapeno popper dip a go last night. This is actually a compilation of three different recipes I found.

Beware: this stuff is addictive!!! It's officially going to be my "dish" I bring to family events and cookouts! 
Ingredients
1 cup of mayonnaise
2 eight ounce packs of cream cheese softened (I used low fat cream cheese and added one more instead of just using two; two would have been plenty, so I'm recommending two!)
1 cup of shredded cheddar cheese
1/2 cup of shredded mozzarella cheese
6-8 slices of diced, crispy bacon (I did six slices; next time I'll do eight).
Chopped green onion (just buy one bundle and chop that)
5-6 chopped jalapenos--deseed them if you don't want it super hot. I kept the seeds on purpose so it'd be pretty fiery.
 
Topping
1/2 Cup of crushed Ritz crackers
1/2 stick of melted butter
1/4 cup of parmesan cheese
 
Directions
Preheat oven to 350
Combine all of the ingredients in an oven-safe dish or bowl and stir with a spoon. This is a bit difficult; just mix it the best you can!
I combined my ingredients in a bowl before moving them to an oven-safe dish.


 
Place in the oven for 25-30 minutes or until dip begins to bubble.
For the topping, sprinkle the parmesan cheese and crushed crackers over the top of the dip and pour the butter over that.
I served it hot, but one Pinner says it's just as good served cold. Also, we dipped with tortilla chips and Ritz crackers; both were delicious!

ENJOY! And don't say I didn't tell you it was addictive. 

No comments:

Post a Comment